David Boyd wrote:
> (pity some folk seem to wish to post such very needlessly brusque /
> rude  responses, that, unlike Peter's mischeviously playful quips, are
> never, in any way, amusing.
>
> Of course, that which PURPORTS to be an MP3 attachment might be a worm
> or trojan in drag, and disaster may instantly ensue merely by clicking
> on it.
>
> Some sound advice here, I think:-
> http://www.dslreports.com/faq/823

David,

Good info at the link, but I think that anyone who read Tom's story of
how he got the track and converted it to an mp3 would not have much
reason to think it contained a virus. The real question which has been
previously advanced on the list is the size of files and the problems
they can (and obviously do) cause for some connections and some clients.

  "Need" I guess can be seen in different ways, more's the pity...

Ken