Dear Ken,
    Reading again what you wrote, I want to make very clear that I said nothing below (in bold) about banning and did not mean to suggest any sort of censorship, nor have I ever done so, in public or in private.

Best,
Marcia

Ken Armstrong wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Marcia Karp wrote:
CR, do you really think it clever to make fun of people's accents?  Smart and deep play in language is another thing entirely.

I guess I want to think that there can be a difference between making fun of and making fun with. And I don't think the latter should be banned in order to insure that the former doesn't happen.