It's part of Eliot's fate, isn't it, that left-leaning academics with
all their projects and agendas have commandeered his writing for their
purposes and prejudices, which lend so little to actually understanding
Eliot. Lately, that is, as this, too, will pass, as the dregs of so much
Eliot criticism, i.e. most of it, will enter history as footnotes if it
is remarked at all.

Surely CR's witticism could not seriously be considered, by a rational
person, to be anything but yet another in his string of posts to the
list of pictures/Eliot quotes, mixed media puns, not meant for
ideological advancement but for CR's by now highly identifiable brand of
Eliot exploration/amusement. That anyone would not see this and make
threats, and not be called on their over the top poor behavior
........what a sorry state.

If CR is to cease and desist, then surely Carrol and Nancy and quite
few others will have to forgo their double-standard list lifestyles,
allowing themselves political commentary while breast-beatingly trying
to deny it to others. Poor Carrol can't help himself. Let's not go that far.

Peter, tell your cousin to come on in: many are cold, but few are frozen.*

Ken A

*RIP Ralph McInerny