North-American Society for Exile Studies

International Conference in Exile Studies
University of Kansas at Lawrence, Kansas –USA
October 1-2, 2010

Call for Papers

Exile and Performance

The 2010 conference will be held on Friday and Saturday, October 1st – 2nd, at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, located approximately 40 miles west of Kansas City International Airport and easily reached via I-70 by airport shuttle service.
We are soliciting papers that deal with aspects of performance as a staged event or as performative action in literary works and other media or various fields of inquiry pertaining to the exile period of 1933-1945. Presentation of papers should not exceed 20 minutes. If technical equipment is needed for a presentation, please indicate precisely what will be needed as you send in your abstract. Please send abstracts and a short curriculum vitae to the e-mail address below by March 20, 2010:

Leonie Marx
Professor of Germanic Languages and Literatures
University of Kansas
1445 Jayhawk Blvd. – Room 2080
LAWRENCE, KS 66045-7590
U.S.A.