Drove from Wichita KS to Rolla, MO Friday thru the snow and to my surprise I noticed a number of large flocks of Snow Geese (many blue-morph) in open fields in search for food in both Eastern Kansas and Western Missouri while the storm passed. I have never seen Snow Geese on the ground in January in Missouri until Friday. (This seems very early to me for the annual trip north, at least I assume they were heading north, you never know with them snows!)

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

Pablo Neruda.
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/