Mary Anne and I spent a couple of hours at Shaw Nature Reserve this afternoon.  The driving and walking in the reserve were slippery at times, but everything was beautiful with the new snow.  We saw lots of Red-headed Woodpeckers wherever we walked and several Pileated Woodpeckers.  We had good looks at a Brown Thrasher at the edge of the woods near the gardens.  We had our FOY Ruby-crowned Kinglet near the gardens at Bascom House.  Mary Anne had FOY Myrtle Warbler when we saw a half dozen in the evergreens near Wolf Run Trail.  It was a beautiful brisk day to be outside.

David & Mary Anne Marjamaa
Manchester, MO