I don't think there is anything about the fatty acid profile that would prohibit using bacon fat vs tallow. In mammals it is a preferable fat source to tallow. But the melting point is a lot lower so it will probably only work well when it's really cold. I mix it with tallow on occasion.
Lyn

Here's a question from a friend.  I don't know the answer.

"Can I use bacon grease to make a suet block or would the birds not do =
well with that?"

http://mobirds.org/