That tells you how far I am behind, I had no idea that Snows wintered in Missouri. Thanks for the update.

Pablo Neruda.

--- On Sun, 1/31/10, Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: snow and snows
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 8:50 PM

Mike D. and Mobirders -

I guess Snow Geese  winter here - and in huge numbers.  Those were
probably not migrants that you observed on your trip from Wichita on
home to Rolla.
The Liberal MO. CBC had over 23,000 as I recall, Dec. 29.  The nearby
Southeast KS. Mined Land count "only" had 3,000 this year, Jan. 1st.

Good birding,
Larry H.  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  [log in to unmask]" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/