Well it's been about 25 days since I last saw water on the lake and it seemed as long since I have seen a sunset over it.  Today I saw both.
Birds taking advantage included:
Bald Eagles-7!! 6 pearched, 1 gliding around.(6 adults, 1 immature)
Common Mergansers-20
Hooded Mergansers-4
Gulls-350+
Mallards and Canada Geese

Also, under the Page extension overpass, House Finches were using the old Cliff Swallow mud nests for roosting.  It was funny to see the male sticking his head out from it at a height of ~70'.
The resident Barred Owl made its presence known in the Pedestrian only trail.

Kinda cold but really cool.

Bryan Prather
St.Louis,Co. Mo

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/