Richard Coles phoned a few minutes ago to advise me he had a productive visit to Carlyle from St Louis yesterday.  On Highway 50 he had a Rough-legged Hawk,, a Loggerhead Shrike (just west of Trenton), 50+ birds in a flock of Lapland Longspurs,  On Carlyle Lake from the east side overlook he spotted a pale gull which he refound from the west side access below the dam and was able to identify as an Iceland Gull.

He checked for Sawwhet Owls without success, but did catch sight of a Coopers Hawk, several Turkeys, turkey vultures, and just after getting back on 50 from 127, an immature Red Shouldered Hawk.  A nice collection of predators for the day.

An aside, the male Red-bellied Woodpecker was back at my window feeder yesterday.

Jackie Chain for Richard Coles
St Louis County  [log in to unmask]

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/