We are now snuggled in and temporarily relocated to Creve Coeur area in St. Louis for time being...hung a new bird feeder first thing New Years Day.

Have a small, but nice windrow/screen of oaks and short leaf? pine between our apartment and a corporate building.  Multiple decorative ponds with frozen, yet partially functioning fountains directly nearby, which include your typical dozen Canada Goose, and a dozen or so male and female Mallards.

After about 20 minutes, the feeder's first day had a few transients; one male Northern Cardinal, a lone Black-capped Chickadee, one Fox Sparrow...slow response to the new feeder although today the whole gang of usuals appeared in a flurry; multiple above mentioned and now Red-breasted Nuthatch, White-crowned Sparrows, Carolina Wren, Tufted Titmouse, and one lonely American Robin huddled in the pine, and of course the squirrels, although I have a squirrel proof feeder.

Nothing real exciting, but fun to hang a new feeder in a new city.  Will venture down to the Creve Coeur lake near hear soon.  The best part is the big sliding glass doors and balconies on each floor for viewing.  Wish I had a 49 sq ft window in my living room at home!

Tony Robyn

Formerly Joplin, temporarily St. Louis