So far this year my single window ledge feeder (black oil sunflower seed) has hosted several House Finches, a couple of House Sparrows, a male and a female N Cardinal and a talkative male Red-bellied Woodpecker.  A Mourning Dove and occasional Rock Pigeons are ledge sitters.  At the end of last year, a Downy and a N Flicker dropped by and a first-in-years chickadee species.

Jackie Chain  St Louis County [log in to unmask]

--- On Sun, 1/3/10, Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Lawrence Herbert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: "what's hanging"
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 9:12 PM

MObirders -

Other than Am. Goldfinch we have two interesting
customers at or under the thistle feeders:

A female House Finch with a white crown patch of feathers.
This HOFI was first observed for a couple of days almost a
month ago but hadn't been seen since until this weekend.

A Fox Sparrow is a new winter yard bird under the thistle
feeders this weekend.

Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin, Jasper County MO.
[log in to unmask]" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]