Bob - I can reassure you that one mated pair of Carolina Wrens will survive the winter.  This is their third winter in our yard.  They have a heated bird bath, and plethora of seed types to choose from.  I know where they roost, but they have pledged me to secrecy.

If you go to weather.com and put in the zip code, it will give you a very nice summary of weather for our area.  If you have cable it is channel 38 on the Missouri side.

Starting on December 5th, we had a female Summer Tanager at our feeder daily.  Not just daily, but most of her time was spent sitting on the sunflower chip feeder.  The last time we saw her was the AM of Saturday January 2nd.  It was nothing short of a miracle that she made it this long.  We have photos of her on the website: http://web.me.com/furbynurse

Happy New Year and good birding to all of you!
Linda Byrd in a very cold
Independence, MO