I must have just missed Linda Bobo making her late afternoon check on the crane.  As I turned onto Spirit of St. Louis Blvd from Chesterfield Airport Road I saw a flock of birds in a bare field.  It was a group of about 50 birds, maybe half Horned Lark and Lapland Longspur.

Spirit of St. Louis Blvd is the newest exit on Hwy 40 (that would be I-64 for those of you who are not from St. Louis).  It is so new that I don’t even see it on Google Maps yet.  It is the last place you can exit when west bound before you are committed to crossing the Missouri River.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/