Bob, I knew you would find something creative in your snow covered paradise.  Maybe you might listen   and if you count heard birds, you list would grow.

Jane Allen
 St. Louis Co.

--- On Sun, 1/3/10, Bob Fisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Bob Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Time for poetry
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 1:25 PM

It's January 3, and my year list is still 0. It
snowed again last night. The temperature outside is 8 degrees F. I have not yet
been outside this year. When I look out of the window, all that I see is
snow.

It's time for poetry. I offer two of my own to
fit the day. Both have been published in an on-line journal called "Present
Magazine." The first poem reflects a true evening birding excursion in Quebec in
December, during which I listed as many birds as I have listed so far this year.
The second speaks for itself.

QUEBEC WINTER

On a clear, calm moonlit night
I stop on a remote forest road