Fellow Birders,

Unfortunately in the times that we now live in people have to be on the edge
of their seat because “MOST” do not respect others or their property.  I was
saddened to hear from my mother-in-law that I just visited through the
holidays, that somebody has stolen the diesel from the storage tank on their
farm.  Not even 100 yards from the house and now gone.  They are just two
wonderful people in their mid-seventies trying to enjoy retirement and work
the land while providing a little food for our country.

If all of those people “alarmed” by our actions as bird watchers would embrace
our love of nature and use our keen eyes as stewards of the land, who could
help them safeguard the very areas they fear our presence, they too may
have time to enjoy the treasures their property holds.  Our society needs to
slow down and not only smell the roses, but take time to enjoy them as they
provide some of the backdrops for the very birds we seek and they NEVER
realized existed.

John Waugaman
Huntington, WV
(Missing all the MO birding action)