Also had a similar experience the 1st year the Scissor Tail Flycatcher was
here,it was my 1st trip out to see them and I pulled up on the side of the road
opposite the nesting tree. I parked well off the road so as not to cause any
problems.Black clouds loomed overhead and as I walked around with my bins
looking for the birds it started to thunder and pour with rain so I sat in my car
for about 10 minutes when flashing lights appeared behind me and a cop pulled
behind me and asked for ID, then asked what I was doing. I told him about the
rare bird, showed him a picture in my book and after running my details to HQ
he came back told me "have a nice day and good luck with the bird" and drove
off.There were no buildings within a 1/4 mile except the Target at the end of
the Rd so why the quiz. He didn't ask if I had broken down which I thought
may have attracted him.Who knows. Les Jenkins.