I've had many such encounters, mostly while running BBS routes. Some were funny, some not so much. Six or seven years ago I was running a route in Franklin County with Brad Jacobs when we began to be followed. A man in a pickup with a loud motor pulled up behind our vehicle (which had MDC logos all over it) and asked what we were doing. We explained that we were counting birds but he seemed unconvinced. He followed us to the next stop, pulling close behind us as I attempted to hear and see the birds as his motor obliterated all other sounds. With his usual aplomb, Brad told the gentleman that he could follow us if he liked but asked if he would mind shutting off his engine when we stopped. He complied and then told us of the recent kidnapping of a young boy not too far from there. He departed after that stop. Sometimes being nosy is okay--it's called vigilance. The boy was found, years later, shortly after a second abduction took place.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T