"Let us go then, you and I"

Here's a quotation from 'Prufrock's Pervigilium', Tom, which does not hint at another personal accompanying Prufrock:

Then I have gone at night through narrow streets,
   Where evil houses leaning all together
Pointed a ribald finger at me in the darkness
   Whispering all together, chuckled at me in the darkness.

If that helps, I'm not sure.

Regards,
 CR