A contemporary (but somewhat lesser but nevertheless much underrated English (Faber) poet published c 1960 a verse play entitled 'Birth by Drowning' possibly so entitled with an appreciative  nod to Eliot / Prufrock, as was his poetry collection 'A Local Habitation' to Theseus / Will S.

Regards

David