From: "Chokh Raj" <[log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: Eliot's poetry: the medium & the message

a translation

"Already half of Europe, already at least half of Eastern Europe, on the way
to Chaos, drives drunkenly in spiritual frenzy along the edge of the abyss,
sings drunkenly, as though singing hymns, as Dmitri Karamazov [in Feodor
Dostoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov] sang. The offended bourgeois laughs at
the songs; the saint and the seers hear them with tears."

http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/790.html

CR