As a lurker, I'm glad to infer that there is a différance, not a dichotomy, between induction and deduction and between form and content.

Jerry Walsh

From: Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, January 20, 2010 9:41:56 AM
Subject: Re: Eliot's poetry: the medium & the message

Rick wrote:

"Of what logic do you speak? There are many logics each with its own
space. Many operate outside of morality. If you want morality within
your logic spaces merely specify it as a rule for your logic spaces."

Dear Rick,

I mean logic in the Aristotlein sense of either induction or deduction which relies on form, not content, and so does not establish truth value.

Diana

Diane

You didn’t answer my question.

Rick Seddon