Dear Ken,

I must say you are the only one I've encountered who doesn't see the radical nature of Derrida's philosophy of différance; using the French word has a purpose: it has more meanings than the English word difference, one of being deferral.

The adjectives "ponderous" and "fashionable" offer nothing in the way of critique; Aristotle was ponderous and fashionable in his time. You might just say you don't like Continental philosophy and be honest about it.

Postmodern philosophy is anything but German idealism; it's post-Kantian, deriving from Heidegger's phenomenology, which is different from Husserl's dualism.

Diana

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/