Rick wrote:
R> Tom, please, what was the original footnote?

That's a great question, but unfortunately I can't supply the answer. When I ordered the TSE 'Letters Vol 2' from Amazon.com in England, I also ordered "Notes" since I had never read it. The copy I got was the 1962 paperback edition. In my post I was trying to indicate that TSE wrote "Notes" in 1948, 14 years after he wrote the infamous line in 'After Strange Gods'. But I do not have the 1948 edition.

If anyone has the 1948 edition, it would be great if they could post the footnote so we could see what the original footnote was.

-- Tom --

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/