Diana Manister wrote:
> Well Ken it's too bad Heidegger didn't have the benefit of your advice
> before he spent his life dismantling dualism with phenomenology. Or
> believing he had. All those Heidegerrians out there will be upset to
> get your news too.
>
> Had you spoken out sooner, you could have headed off poststructuralism
> as well!
>
> Diana
>
> Sent from my iPod
Diana,

 Perhaps you haven't noticed your own attachment to binary thinking in
these very posts. You could be named The Binary Queen of 2010. Binary
vs. differance. Diana comes down on the side of the latter. Repeatedly.
I use the term advisedly, since I've never used it before. Binary, that
is. Thanks for the Heideggerian nod, though I think Mr. H had plenty of
volunteers to point out to him his deficiencies. Apparently it didn't
take. The young Paul Tillich and some of M. Heidegger's other colleagues
in Marburg took some fun in joshing him, while he lectured, about his
non-concept of history. Rough business philosophy. What was Pound's
line? Something like, "Aristotle, which way in a vacuum." Or pick the
philosophe of your choice.

No one, I think, could have headed off poststructuralism. Things fall apart.

Cheers,
Ken

Lightly spun from mypad