Please cross-post widely!

Call for German Panels and Papers at the Sixteenth Century Society and Conference (SCSC).

We invite a wide range of submissions to this conference, a preeminent venue for interdisciplinary explorations of early modern culture and closely tied to the Sixteenth Century Journal. Panels and papers might consider: early globalism; Exotica; practices of cultural translation; intellectual, popular, and material cultures; devotional and artistic practices; history of the book (including genre); early modern sex and gender.

Montreal, Canada
14-17 October 2010

Conference website: http://www.sixteenthcentury.org

Deadline for submissions: 15 March 2010 (participants will be notified by 15 April 2010).

Submissions should be made via the SCSC website. Questions may be directed to the German program director, Bethany Wiggin (University of Pennsylvania), at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Sixteenth Century Society and Conference (SCSC) is now accepting proposals for individual papers and complete sessions for its annual conference, to be held at the Hilton Bonaventure in Montreal, Canada, 14-17 October 2010. The SCSC, founded to promote scholarship on the early modern era (ca. 1450  ca. 1660), actively encourages the participation of international scholars as well as the integration of younger colleagues into the academic community. We also welcome proposals for roundtables sponsored by scholarly societies that are affiliated with the SCSC.

In honor of our bilingual host city, proposals are encouraged in either English or French.
Abstracts (up to 250 words in length) for papers and sessions may be submitted online at: www.sixteenthcentury.org<http://www.sixteenthcentury.org/>

NB: The SCSC, a not-for-profit scholarly organization, receives no governmental or institutional funding. In order to participate in this conference, delegates or their sponsoring institution/organization will need to fund their own travel and lodging expenses in addition to a $155 per delegate registration fee ($93 student fee). The registration fee is used to pay for conference facilities and general events. By paying the fee, delegates become members in the SCSC and receive the Sixteenth Century Journal.