The last couple of days I have heard the Cardinal giving half-hearted attempts at singing, the Black-capped Chickadees "fee-beeing" and this morning I saw the White-throated Sparrow whistling here and peabody-ing there. They must be trying to get warmer temps to come in sooner. It doesn't seem to be working: there are flurries of snow and colder temps in Lee's Summit this morning.

Happy birding, Ruth Simmons Lee's Summit, Jackson Co., MO [log in to unmask] "A nation behaves well if the natural resources and assets which one generation turns over to the next are increased and not impaired in value." (Theodore Roosevelt)