The last couple of days I have heard the Cardinal giving half-hearted attempts at singing, the Black-capped Chickadees "fee-beeing" and this morning I saw the White-throated Sparrow whistling here and peabody-ing there. They must be trying to get warmer temps to come in sooner. It doesn't seem to be working: there are flurries of snow and colder temps in Lee's Summit this morning.

Happy birding,
Ruth Simmons
Lee's Summit, Jackson Co., MO

"A nation behaves well if the natural resources and assets which one
generation turns over to the next are increased and not impaired in
value."  (Theodore Roosevelt)