I am sad to see anyone leave this group, but I have to say based on my experiences with other listservs that this one is really pretty tame.  I will not claim to read every message, but I applaud the efforts of the list owners to stamp out improper usage and bad manners as quickly as possible.  It is hard to believe until you have seen it, how fast a discussion on one of these groups can spiral totally out of control, until the messages consist almost entirely of insults and all sense of the purpose of the group is lost.

My experiece also tells me that it can be very difficult to determine what someone on a group like this may find offensive.  One must remember that most of the people you are communicating with are really strangers.  Humor has its place, but anything resembling irony or satire is very hard to achieve and should probably be avoided.

So I would like to express my thanks to the owners of the listserv for the their efforts to keep us on subject.

David Becher

Saint Louis

http://mobirds.org/