Tom, here's a good one for the month's first palindrome day. This is from Burroughs Audubon's electronic announcement, Burroughs-announce. Anyone wishing to subscribe can contact Mike Stoakes ([log in to unmask]) to receive birding trip information for the Kansas City metropolitan area.

Barred Owl 1, bunny 0,

Jill DeWitt
Kansas City, MO

Friday, Jan. 1 -†Lake Jacomo and Fleming Park†with Jim and Ellen Zellmer
. Start the year with a bang! We'll meet at 7:30 a.m. in the parking lot of the Jackson County Parks and Recreation offices at the†intersection of Liggett and Woods Chapel Roads(watch for traffic light at this 3-way intersection). We'll bird the lake areas and some trails in the morning and continue in Blue Springs after lunch, for those who are interested. We'll look for winter residents and late migrants -- ducks, geese, sparrows, finches, eagles, hawks and, hopefully, some surprises! Be sure to dress for the weather and wear footwear for some light walking. If the weather is really cold, we'll warm up at the†Burroughs†Library. Questions? Contact Jim and Ellen Zellmer at†[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(17, 65, 112); ">[log in to unmask]†or 816-228-3955.†