While taking the BDR back from central Iowa today we found this bird in a flock of horned larks. It was very cooperative, letting Charles take several pictures. We have both studied 2 bird guides and cannot come up with an ID for this bird. We have posted 3 photos to smugmug and hope that someone can help us.
http://mobirds.smugmug.com/gallery/4517899_qCg6E*751280259_SqZzU

We saw many flocks of horned larks and lapland longspurs with a few snow buntings along the roads up there. Also many Eagles along the Des Moines River.

Stopped at Long Branch SP just before dark and watched an adult bald Eagle harrassing a flock of scaup and coots. No unusual gulls sighted, surprisingly few found there. Complete reports on SPARKS.

Laurie Shawver
Boone Co, MO