The St. Louis Audubon Society's "Where the birds are" trip on Saturday, December 12 at 9 am will go to Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary, where there should be many birds!  We will meet at Teal Pond and search the RMBS area for many of the birds seen there recently.  We hope to find the Glaucous and other gulls, possibly the Long-tailed and other ducks, the Trumpeter and Tundra Swans, geese, and will search for longspurs and sparrows.

All birders of all levels are welcome, members and non-members of SLAS.  This will be a 1/2 day trip, lasting till approximately 1 pm.  It is normally colder around the river and windy so please dress in many layers.  The forecast for Saturday calls for calmer winds and 31'-40', but it will feel colder than that.  We will do some walking and bring your scopes if you have one.  The visitor center is now open on the weekends so we will have access to convenient restroom stops.

This will be the last field trip in 2009, and we hope you can join us!

Pat Lueders, Trip Leader, St. Louis Audubon Society