While standing at the Brentwood I-64 Metrolink station in St. Louis at about 8 AM this morning, I heard a cacophony of high pitched honking geese flying over.  Fully expecting to see snows, I looked up to see a flock of about 35 small, short necked Canadas flying southwest.  They seemed a bit larger than the cackling geese that were in Forest Park a few years ago along with the Ross', but I think that's what they were.

After a long dry spell, I also saw the peregrine pair perched on the north face of Barnes-Jewish Hospital today.  I'd seen them in flight occasionally, but they haven't perched in that spot since the prolonged tuckpointing or some kind of maintenance finished a few weeks ago.   A welcome sight from my office.

Tom