QUICK trip to Riverlands MBS:
- one LONG-TAILED DUCK - female hanging/staying with the goldeneye near the
up stream side of dam.
seen in IL and MO
- 4 TUNDRA SWANS - at least that many, definitely more. Just picked out the
"easy ones" out (adults, yellow lores)
due to limited time.
Swans spread out at various spots in corn stubble fields and near pools of
water in the fields.
They disked the fields along Cora Island so no corn stubble there.
Swans seen : End of Cinder Road - majority, Ellis Bay, Red School Road,
scattered along Confluence Road.
- one 1st cycle GLAUCOUS GULL - Ellis Bay past Heron Pond

LOT more goldeneye in, LOTS of mallards, Gadwall, G-W Teal and a couple of
BLACK DUCKS.
Still not many Canvasbacks but plenty of ducks to pick through which I did
not have time to look
through them all.

Heard through the grapevine that there were LAPLAND LONGSPURS long the
Confluence Road on Sunday.
I only heard Horned Larks, but think I was there too late in the day.

BTW, The Visitor's Center on the MO side will be OPEN weekends from 9 AM to
3 PM.
Warm restrooms. WooHoo!
They have a nice new front to the center too.
Will be closed during holidays probably.

Later,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/