Randy Cartwright and I birded the trail along the bluffs at Cooley Lake CA this morning.  Gorgeous day to be out and the birds agreed!  I even heard Fox and Song sparrows singing.  All birds were common for this site and time, but still amazing to have such a day in late Nov.

(partial list)

fox sparrow - 10+

song sparrow - lots

swamp sparrow - lots

white-throated sparrow - lots

tree sparrow - 20+ (my FOS)

dark-eyed juncos - everywhere

horned lark - 3 (on road)

cardinals - >50

yellow-breasted sapsucker - 2

downy and red-bellied woodpeckers and flickers - numerous

white-breasted nuthatch - several

golden-crowned kinglet - 1

chickadees, titmice, blue jays - numerous

C. wren - 3

Jennifer Reidy, Liberty