Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 18:54:39 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Killdeer young, Dexter City Lake, 11/13, Stoddard Co.
To: [log in to unmask]

Short and sweet.

Friday during lunch, I noticed an adult Killdeer making all sorts of ruckus and carrying on as if a nest was nearby. A quick glance revealed a single immature Killdeer, maybe 3 days old running around in the grass opposite of me.

Just thought I'd share as I know this warm weather seems to have things messed up here in the bootheel! Kinda' late?! Nearly a week until Thanksgiving!

Ducks are present at Duck Creek and Otter Slough CA's, but hunters are reporting low numbers. I haven't spoken with authorities regarding the numbers, but I imagine this weather's got them a little mixed up, too.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.