The owls were out again this evening just as Linda Williams described.  The best viewing spot was about half way down the road.  Initially there were 3 Northern Harriers working the fields to the west of the road.  About sundown the owls replaced the Harriers and worked the ridge-line to the west. They slowly worked their way east and for a short time were directly overhead checking me out as I stood beside my car.  One owl even landed for a short time in the tree next to me.  The whole show didn't last more then 30 minutes and was over by around 5:35 pm as the birds continued to drift east and out of sight.

Bill Blackledge
Smithville Lake (Clinton County)