Please contact me asap.

Jill DeWitt
Kansas City, MO
jdewitt at audubon.org
(816) 333-3293

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Linda Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Highlights from Squaw Creek NWR, Holt County, today:

12 Trumpeter Swans
6 Sandhill Cranes (I originally saw these a couple of weeks ago)
2 Great Horned Owls sitting together in a tree not far from the old eagle nest
Lots o' Ducks, pelicans, etc...

Smithville Lake, Clay County:

2 Western Grebes and 1 Clark's Grebe as reported earlier by Andy

McComas Road off J Hwy near Smithville Lake:

5:10 p.m. - Eleven Short-eared Owls.  Very, very nice to see such a large number, the most I have seen there in several years.  In fact, I'm not sure I, or anyone, saw any there last year.

Good Birding,
Linda Williams
Liberty, Clay County, MO