Yesterday My work took me to Cedar County.  With a 2 hour wait my partner and I drove around Stockton Lake and was wishing that I had my binoculars.

I observed at close range (less than fifty Yards)
 15 common Loons (10 in one group)
25 Pied billed Grebes

1 large raft of ducks 100-150 yds away
1 Loon further out didn't quite look like the rest unsure of it

On the way back between El Dorado Springs and Nevada we saw 10000 snow geese in a Corn field.  This must of covered 5 acres of more

Terry McNeely
25843 Grate Ave
Jameson, MO  64647
Daviess County