From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brad Jacobs
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Little Dixie Lake, Callaway Co. Late Tree Swallow, 9 Co. Loons

A quick dawn trip to Little Dixie Lake in Callaway Co was very productive.  A late tree swallow was over the water. Late date is Nov 24 in Robbins and Easterla 1992.

Other birds of interest:

Common Loon 7

Horned Grebe 1

D. C. Cormorant 1

Mallard 2

Gadwall 10

Lesser Scaup 150

Ring-necked Duck 20

Bufflehead 6

Ruddy Duck 5

Red-breasted Merganser 2

American Coot 7

Ring-billed Gull 1

Tree Swallow 1

The diversity of the birds today on Little DIxie tells me that there might be a lot of birds out on other lakes in this overcast weather and that a lake check might be a good thing to do soon.

Brad

Brad Jacobs

Missouri Department of Conservation

P.O.Box 180