This morning we had heavy, very heavy, fog in the Saint Joseph area. I spent awhile watching the bird feeders in our side yard. Just the "regulars" were observed; European Starlings, House Sparrows, Northern Cardinals, Dark-eyed Juncos, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, American Goldfinches, Back-capped Chickadees, Downy Woodpeckers, Blue Jays, Carolina Wrens, White-breasted and Red-breasted Nuthatches and one Mourning Dove.

I was surprised the other day to notice that the forsythia in our front yard was blooming, talk about unseasonably warm weather! Today I noticed that a couple of the buds had burst open into the yellow petals that they usually send forth in the spring! Somehow I just don't think this is going to last.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com