Just received a call from a colleague who is an avid hunter/fisherman --- he knows I am a birder --- and he wanted me to know that the loons “have arrived” on Stockton Lake.  Thirty minutes ago, he saw five loons as he crossed Highway Y bridge near Roark Bluff area;  saw another one as he crossed the Little Sac area.   And this was just zooming by in a car.

Hope some birders in that area can get out and look them over for some rarities;   last year when we birded Stockton Lake I remember it being very “loony” with lots of good vantage points for viewing.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO