I didn't know if this would interest anyone, but thought I'd pass this information along, just in case.

It would appear that an Ancient Murrelet has been observed off the piers and beach of St. Joseph, Michigan - less than 10 hours drive from Bloomfield, MO (less time for northern parts of MO).

Last confirmation I had was that the bird was still present as of 3 pm today, 11/14/09.

I'm too pooped to chase, AND I need to be back at work Monday morning otherwise, I'd give it a shot! Good luck to any that might give it a go.

Anyone in contact with the IL (Carlyle Lake) group, may want to pass this tidbit on to them since they're even closer proximity.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar
Bloomfield, MO

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.