No unreported species for year or season were seen.

We started off with a brief stop at Creve Coeur Lake in St Louis County.  Whatever wonderful birds that had been seen Wednesday had skedaddled or gone into hiding.  When we arrived there in the morning Riverlands looked like one big mudflat with a little water in between with the gates wide open. A few DC Cormorants, a respectable number of Am White Pelicans, Great Blue Herons, mostly Mallards, Shovelers, Ruddys, a Bonaparte's Gull or two and some Ring-billed and Herring Gulls were present.  Three or four small shorebirds (not Killdeer) were on one of the far mud islands.  I could not identify them.  We did not see any Great Egrets at any of our stops.  Two Bald Eagles and two Red-tailed Hawks flew over as we picniced on the Museum side in Illinois.  There was a fairly stiff breeze that helped them along.  At Horseshoe 111 in Illinois the causeway was closed with a few white-headed gulls loafing on the concrete and lots of decoys.  The boat
 ramp produced an impoundment full of Am Coots and a few Pied-billed Grebes.

One car briefly checked out Bend Road at 203 as far as the railroad tracks, but failed to turn up anything interesting.  However, It was a beautiful day once again to be out.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County