From: Archie Keiper <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Prairie Falcon in northern Monroe Co, IL -- YES
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, November 9, 2009, 9:41 AM

Went out to look for the Prairie Falcon reported yesterday, Nov 8th.  Thanks to the map provided from IBET I was able to locate the PRFA after only 15 minutes of searching.

I found it along Bixby Road, east of the farm house at Fish Lake.  It was sitting on the wires and would occasionally swoop down to chase Horned Larks in the field.

A pickup truck spooked it and it flew westward towards the farm house by Fish Lake.  When I drove back towards BB Road, I relocated the bird in the top of one of the trees behind the farm house.

Before it flew off again, got a good comparison with an American Kestrel which landed in the same tree about three feet from the PRFA.

Archie Keiper
Columbia, Monroe Co, IL

[log in to unmask]" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.