MoBirders:

Yesterday morning I went to Lake Jacomo in Jackson County looking for the Harlequin Duck report by Mike Beck. After a couple of hours and covering most of the accessible areas of the lake, I could not relocate the duck. However, since I was already there I took time to bird around the lake. The following birds made up my list for about another hour stay.

Canada Goose
Pied-Billed Grebe
American Coot
Double-crested Cormorant
Mourning Dove
American Robin - approx. 200
Cedar Waxwing
White-Throated Sparrow - more than I could count
Lincoln's Sparrow - 1
Swamp Sparrow - 2
Dark-Eyed Junco
Orange-Crowned Warbler - 1
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
Black-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
House Finch
Cardinal
Blue Jay
American Crow
Turkey
Downy Woodpecker
Yellow-Bellied Woodpecker

It was a nice morning to be out for a while.

Jim Zellmer
Blue Springs, MO
Jackson CO
816-228-3955