In spite of the cool temps and windy conditions, I did see quite a few raptors around the oxbow lakes this morning (October 30th):   Browning Lake (Rosecrans Airport), Lake Contrary, Horseshoe, Muskrat and Mud Lakes. Lots of Red-tailed Hawks, Northern Harrier (3), American Kestrel (several), Merlin (2), Sharp-shinned (1) and Bald Eagle (2). I did have two Snow Geese hanging out with the Canada Geese at Lake Contrary. One was a white phase the other was a blue phase. Not too much else going on! It was just too windy.

Larry Lade

Saint Joseph, MO

gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com