Left work early today, and swung by Little Dixie Lake. I found a female Surf Scoter floating with a Ruddy Duck. The birds were on the east side of the lake, but best viewed with a scope from the parking lot on the west side, or by hiking up the trail that heads north from the main parking lot.

Not a very cooperative bird, and I didn't have a scope- it was sleeping pretty much the whole time. But it was nice enough to wake up for about 10 secs., flap its wings and show me its face. Then it went back to sleep.

It was there when I left @215 today.

Andy Forbes, Boone Co.