On Tuesday 10/27 at about 9 pm, 2 Great Horned Owls vocalized in my back yard. They were close because they were easy to hear with all the windows closed. They called back and forth for about 20 minutes. This is the third or fourth time in the past few years I have a heard Great Horned Owl so the area surrounding my yard must be part of their normal hunting area. Interesting that I have never heard a Barred Owl vocalizing in the area but I did seen one eating a small rodent one cool December morning about 3 years ago.

Paul Habiger
Kansas City, Missouri