From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathleen Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Glossty Ibis (?) @ Eagle Bluffs

Four of us (Eric Wood, Anne Downing, Sandy Elbert & myself) studied the 2 ibis at Eagle Bluffs and were unsure if they were Glossy or White-faced.  They don't have red on the face, the bills are a nondescript color, they look very dark, but is any of that really conclusive?  If any of them want to offer another opinion, they are welcome to do so.

We also saw 8 Dunlin and 8 Greater Yellowlegs.

There was a huge cloud of mixed blackbirds including: Red-winged, Common Grackle, Brown-headed Cowbird and Starling.  We studied them for awhile, but couldn't pull out a Brewer's.

After that a quick drive thru yielded: mallards, gadwall, green-winged teal, lots of coots, some pied-billed grebes, killdeer.   I'm probably leaving something out.  I was lazy and didn't attempt a count this morning.

Kathleen Anderson, Columbia